Sunday, July 13, 2008

The secret is out!

Christine and Matt were married on Friday, on one of the nicest days of the year, and we're very happy for the newlyweds! Christine was an absolutely gorgeous bride, the two could not have looked happier, and now I hope they're having the time of their lives in Mexico.

Upon seeing all of my friends, I just couldn't keep the secret any longer. Telling them lifted a weight off of my chest -- I no longer felt like I was living a lie when it came to my best friends. It was really great to be able to tell people in person, and although we're not quite at the end of the first trimester, we're really close and it was certainly nicer getting to have an in-person conversation versus making lots of phone calls or sending out a mass email. Basically, it got me really excited to tell everyone else important in our lives! We still need to tell our extended families, and Reid's friends as well. So fun.

On Thursday , I have my second prenatal appointment, which includes my first ultrasound. I'm really excited to hear Plum's heart beat, and make sure that there's only one baby in there! I hope beyond hope that they tell us that everything is okay and on track. About three days ago, my belly started to stick out a little bit and my energy is definitely coming back. I hope me feeling well means that everything inside is moving along too! The craziest developmental update of this week (week 12) is that Plum's intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into her little abdomen. Apparently, they grow so fast they can't fit inside to begin with -- when I hear mini-facts such as that, I'm floored by this whole process. It's so complex ... it really is a miracle that it typically all works out in the end. I say a little prayer every night that this is true for us and Plum.

No comments: