Tuesday, May 26, 2009

32.5 week update - um, the baby's coming soon

You may have to squint a bit, but if you do, you'll see the profile of our little one's face. He/she was feeling a bit dramatic when its picture was taken because the blob on the forehead is one of his/her hands. The baby was not being very cooperative last Monday when we went in for our ultrasound so the pics aren't nearly as good as last time (so I'm only posting one), but the important thing is that everything looked great!

The point of the ultrasound was to determine why I was measuring big. It turns out that I was back to measuring on track when I went in last Monday so it was a bit for not, but it was great (and comforting) to see the baby again since everything was looking great! The little one was head's down, and will likely stay that way until the big day. It weighed about 4 pounds, 3 ounces, and if it stays on the same growth path and arrives on time (both HUGE variables), then we're looking at a baby between 8 and 8.5 pounds upon arrival. We shall see what actually ends up happening!

7.5 weeks out and all of a sudden, it feels as if the baby is going to be here before we know it. So what does that mean? Holy crap do we have a lot to do ... And how do we get our to-do list done while also making sure that we're making the most of our time as dual income no kids doing random things and having fun? This past weekend, for example, was super productive. My husband had a bachelor party in Boston on Saturday night so Saturday and Sunday morning I worked on the nursery. All the baby laundry is done and we can now see the floor of the nursery again, with everything as organized and set up as it could be at this point. We have a dresser and rocker coming so once those arrive, we'll be able to figure out how we want the room exactly set up and can finish decorating from there. Anyway, that was big progress. Then I worked on my husband's MESS of an office. It's never been organized and doesn't have the right furniture to even get that way, but we ordered bookshelves yesterday and hopefully will make headway on that at the end of this week. Then yesterday was yard work and catching up around here. We also had our life insurance physical in the morning - so yeah, it was a jam-packed productive weekend, but part of me also felt like we totally missed an opportunity yesterday to just say f-it and make the most of a day of fantastic weather and just enjoy each other's company because we don't have many of those opportunities left when we're not worrying about someone else too. We did go out to breakfast at Papa's, which was definitely fun, but I worry about striking the right balance. I guess I always have to worry about something.

Random note: The baby is totally chilling on the right side of my abdomen right now - what a cutie - except for the fact that this is its favorite place to hang out, and as a result, has opened up a joint in my sacrum so I have ridiculous shooting pains every once in a while. Good thing I'm totally in love with the little monkey so the pain somehow seems like a friendly reminder that the little one is getting bigger and bigger and is getting ready to meet us. The kicks - not painful luckily - are also getting ridiculous! I can see my entire stomach move when it goes crazy in there and the limbs are very prominent at times, as hard spots lying just below the skin.

This post is a bit all over the place, which I think is indicative of my current mental state. Depending on the moment, I'm super excited, scared, full of energy, or tired. Wanting to do nothing or wanting to do everything at the same time. Maybe I'm a mess, or maybe I'm just 32.5 weeks pregnant.

No comments: