Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1-year visit stats!

Yesterday Piper had her one year well visit so we have her latest stats! Yes, she has grown a ton ...

Height: 31 inches - 92 percentile
Weight: 24 pounds, 3.5 ounces - 90 percentile
Head circumference - 18 inches - 60 percentile

I thought she had actually slimmed down a bunch with all of the stretching out that she has done, but the numbers don't lie. She's still a very well-proportioned big lady :-)

She also has a new trick! I think she felt like she had to step it up a bit because her cousins came to visit last week, and Ravel took her first steps while she was here. Piper, feeling behind her younger cousin, decided that it was about time that she started standing up in the middle of the room (without pulling up on anything). I wish I could put into words the pride that's in the smile on her face when she stands up like a big girl, but I don't think I can. It is hilarious and makes me proud all at once! Next step will likely be steps, and likely soon. Yesterday, she shifted her weight to one foot and picked up the other, but then promptly sat down hard on her fanny. I think we're about the enter the stage when she's covered with bruises all the time from her learning bumps, so if you see us and are concerned, I swear we don't beat our child.

Back to the cousins visit! It was great, and so much fun to see how they've all grown. Like the last visit, we were reminded that it's nearly impossible to get a picture of the three of them smiling. In fact, we were completely unsuccessful, but they are all sitting on the same step and you can see their faces so that's as good as we're going to get this trip. Maybe next time!

Even cuter though was Piper showing Ravel love before our photo shoot, with a big kiss and a hug for her cousin ...

We swam in the pool a bunch, went boating and worked around three different nap schedules. Here are a couple more pics of the kids on the boat.


I swear there were smiles, although I seem to have missed all of them!

Last quick update for this post ... Piper seems to have become a napper! She still takes her one snooze a day, but it has begun to stretch out to where it's consistently more than an hour. It's amazing what I can get done in that time, and also amazing how much better her afternoon is after a good snooze. I LOVE it.

Okay one more update, which Reid reminded me of after my last post. One of the cutest things she does right now is play the "Hello" game with Reid. She says, "Hi Dad" or "Hi Daddy"; he answers, "Hi Piper". And it goes back and forth many many many times. I know it's a highlight of his day - and seeing the smiles on both of their faces is certainly a highlight of mine.

No comments: