Wednesday, April 18, 2012

36 weeks!

Although there's an annoying shadow on this picture because it's dark outside, I feel like this picture is starting to do justice for just how LARGE my stomach is (at 36 weeks and 2 days). And as you can see, it hasn't come even close to dropping yet so we are well on track to make it to 37 weeks (full term) and probably then some. Woo hoo!

We had an ultrasound two days ago to make sure the peanut had flipped to head down, and it has. It's also facing down so in a good position for delivery, but a terrible position for pictures because you can't really see anything with it laying this way. No cute face profiles, no clear limbs ... but if it makes things easier later on then I'm all for it. It's the pics of this kid after it comes out that I'm the most looking forward to chronicling anyway.

Multiple times a day, Piper hugs and kisses my belly and talks about how much she loves her little brother or sister ... it's super cute and we just hope the excitement continues. She helped pack our hospital bag, which now sits in our bedroom waiting for go-time, and was excited to for the nursery to start to come together and to help pick out which sheet to put on the crib, which changing pad cover to use, etc. I had a friend with two kids tell me that having the first child make a lot of what would seem to us like meaningless decisions could actually be really important for her because it makes her feel like she's a help so I'm trying hard to include her whenever possible. Now if only she would all of a sudden become a napper so that I could take a snooze in the afternoon ... not too likely, but you can't blame me for being a dreamer! But since she is the energizer bunny, I'm headed to bed even though it's only 9pm. I may as well try and get some sleep while that's still in the cards because I fully realize that any night I go to sleep at this point could be my last as a parent of one child. Insane!

No comments: