Thursday, September 3, 2009

Snarfing breastmilk and monster hands

Poor Piper! She was hammering a bottle of pumped milk earlier this afternoon, very enthusiastically after sleeping for two hours, coughed and snarfed breastmilk out her nose. I felt a little bit badly because I did laugh out loud when I realized she was fine and just being a little piggy.

Earlier this week, Piper and I went to our first play date through the Meetup group, Kid's Incorporated. Obviously she's too little to appreciate a play date at this point so the play date was really for me. I've been really excited to meet other moms and their kids in the area. Having worked from home for the past almost three years, it hasn't been easy finding friends in the greater Glens Falls area, and obviously we didn't have Piper to make friends, but I think the expanded social circle is a nice side benefit of having a child. There are so many young families in the area, and even after one play date, I felt a huge since of relief. It was so nice to just hang out with a few other ladies and chat - not to mention it was nice to get out of the house and not be running an errand. Social time is a must!

She continues to grow at break neck speed, but there's one part of her in particular that may be growing faster than the rest. HER HANDS. Check out the paws ...

Reid has been scheming about which professional sport she can pursue so that we can retire and live off of her winnings. Tennis and golf have been the leading contenders - and not just because that means we'll have to have a second home somewhere where it's warm all winter long (which I think sounds great). But after seeing her hands expand over the last several weeks, I'm starting to think she's either going to be a basketball player (since she'll be able to palm a ball a age 5), or a swimmer. Hopefully she'll just grow into her mitts so we can be back to tennis or golf and not be heading to the pool at 4 am on a cold winter morning ... plus, can you imagine how much she'll get made fun of if she doesn't grow into those things? YIKES. I hope she doesn't find this blog later and hate me for it!

No comments: