Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mom brain

When I was pregnant, I read a study that showed that expecting moms' brains can shrink up to 7 percent, so yes, you are in fact less intelligent while pregnant. Now what it didn't cover was what happens after pregnancy ... I will admit that I'm pretty sure I lost all 7 percent - at least! - and it has yet to come back.

I've locked Piper and I out of the house. Not once, but twice.

I've lost the keys to our truck. Not once, but twice.

And that's really just the beginning of a long list of stupid actions. At first, I blamed my lack of cognition on sleep deprivation, which seemed completely reasonable. Well, since Piper sleeps about 12 hours a night and has for a long time, that excuse not longer works. I guess I'm left with the reality of being a mom, which I guess means that Piper now takes up almost all of my free gray matter! And looking at her, all naked and happy with her Daddy, how can she not?

No comments: