Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sleepy on the Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! While not officially on my to-do list, I have used some of my down time to knit a few baby hats. The strawberry is my go-to gift when the parents don't know what they're having - so one of these is for us, and then the other is for our little niece or nephew who is expected to arrive not too long after our little one. If you're reading this Trav, sorry to ruin the surprise! The sunflower hat is for a little girl (TBD who yet) and then I'm also working on a watermelon (my personal favorite), and finally will whip out a blueberry just in case a little boy arrives :-) This is all assuming our little one gives me the time to get the hats done!

Yesterday I had quite a bit of energy and Reid and I had a GREAT day. After hanging out at our house for a while, we went to the outlets to do a little shopping, went aimlessly driving around the east side of Lake George and then had a nice dinner on Glen Lake at the Docksider (food's not fantastic, but the setting is gorgeous). But today I am exhausted ... we hit the Glens Falls farmer's market this morning and then Lowe's for some random stuff and those two errands somehow took all of my energy. I tried to nap, pretty unsuccessfully, and am hopeful that some energy returns before we go to see the Pops concert at Crandall Park (by the Glens Falls Symphony Orchestra).

All has been quiet on the labor front. I had a painful contraction in the middle of the night last night - the most painful one I've had yet - but it was only one and then done. That's not going to get anything done unfortunately ... maybe my exhaustion is just my body telling me to chill before the big event. The calm before the storm ... we shall see!

No comments: