Saturday, August 1, 2009

Adjusting to reprioritization

As is evidenced by the time lag in between blog posts, I've had my hands full. For all of the parents that are reading this, the response will probably be "duh," but one of the lessons I've learned over the last almost four weeks is just how much life gets reprioritized with an infant at home - especially one that is still learning the difference between night and day (and therefore preventing sleep!). I feel like I've been totally out of touch with everyone, and it's not by choice - trust me, I would like to call you back - but by necessity. It's just that when I do have my hands free, I have to choose between 1. sleeping, 2. catching up on laundry, 3. making dinner, 4. putting said laundry away, 5. taking a shower, 6. making those phone calls, 7. blogging and keeping up on my digital life. And not that they always fall in that particular order, but the first five have been taking precedence over the final two and likely will until Piper is sleeping better and I'm not feeling like a walking zombie.

We do have LOTS of adorable pictures of Piper, but uploading those to my laptop would fall under the seventh category on my to-do list so this blog post is going to have to survive picture free. Sorry!

Piper is doing great though! She's fattening up and her chunky cheeks are super cute. She has a double chin and her newborn sized footed PJs are starting to get a little short (when she stretches out, she definitely reaches the limits of the onesie). We've seen a few almost smiles, but have yet to catch one on camera. She loves her gym and is starting to show interest in the toys that hang down at her. It's amazing how much she's changed in almost four weeks and her baby coos make my heart melt ... I just heard one of those coos so I'm going to sign off and hopefully get her nice and awake for the next hour or two so that she will (HOPEFULLY) have a better night's sleep tonight than last night!

No comments: