Thursday, August 27, 2009

Now where did that come from ...

Body image isn't something I've typically struggled with, probably because I've always been pretty skinny. Even in my "fat" days, I never broke 145. Well, now here I am fatter than ever and without the pregnancy excuse. It's not to say that I hate my body - I think hate is too strong of a word - but I do think it's accurate to say that I certainly am not in love with it right now.

Problem area #1: BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS. Ginormous, gargantuan boobs. Now obviously I do have a good excuse for the mams since I'm a nursing mom, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. They definitely make me look larger than I am, and they make the thought of running a very scary proposition. I don't know if they make a sports bra that could keep them where they'd need to be for me to be comfortable. And even though I don't know when I would run if I did own the world's most supportive bra for enormous boobs, I would still like to have the option :-) For me, running is one of the easiest ways to get back into shape and slim down. The weight drops off quickly and easily when I run, but I'll stop this pipe dream because it's not a reality currently ...

Problem area #2: Stomach. Yuck, it's fatty. Not sure what else I need to say here other than my abs are still stretched out. Gross.

Problem area #3: My thighs. Also fatter than usual. Thank God I bought two pairs of shorts on clearance at the Gap when I was pregnant last summer and they're one to two sizes bigger than I usually wear. I've been wearing them, alternating every other day basically, for the past few weeks. They're not maternity so I'm excited to say that (and my maternity shorts are all too big now so they look like crap anyway), but they are a size that I don't wish to be in for much longer!

One area I am loving: It's important to end on a high note! I love my arms and shoulders. This is one area that I didn't really gain any weight in during pregnancy and hefting around Piper and her multiple chins has helped to regain some tone. And thankfully I show more arm than thigh and stomach on a daily basis!

If we still lived in Austin, I'd definitely want to get in on the OutOfControlFatRoll fun. These ladies (three of them are my coworkers, past and present) rock!

And now, a cute pic of Piper, whose hair gets curly as soon as its wet ...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! We're glad you're checking out the site :) We love reading yours! Hope you plan a visit to Austin soon with Piper!

Mama to be said...

Thanks, Jenni!! We've actually been talking about making an Austin trip this winter. A long weekend to see everybody and eat real bbq and Mexican :-) Hopefully we'll be able to swing it!