Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A BIG milestone!

PIPER SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT.

It happened on Sunday night and it consisted of 9.5 hours of solid sleep - for her mind you.

Maybe she knew somehow that Sunday night was going to be a rough night for her parents. And by rough night, I mean the most sick I have ever been in my entire life. I was up for most of the night with what I thought was food poisoning, but what a trip to the doctor's in the morning confirmed was a stomach virus. THANK GOD she hasn't gotten it, and knock on wood we've cleared the danger zone at this point, but it was the worst night I've ever had. And Reid was up for a lot of that time taking care of me so the little peanut was an absolute angel sleeping through the night and giving us a night to deal with ourselves. I'm not going to lie, I would have loved to savor a full night's sleep as it has been over 3 months without one, but if she had to choose the night to sleep through the night, that was definitely the most helpful one to do it! She hasn't done it again yet, but she is still sleeping well, and I'm just happy she hasn't gotten sick.

I need to upload more photos so the next post will be more colorful to look at, but in honor of this being her digital baby book, I wanted to be sure to make some other quick notes. One, she laughed out loud! I think it was Friday (October 9), and it was when Reid was changing her. I was sitting on the couch, finishing up a hat for the next day's baby shower we were going to, and all of a sudden she let out a LOUD laugh. It was adorable! And then yesterday she definitely giggled loudly at her Nana, who was over helping to take care of her while I was trying to recoup (and Mimi was over the day before, thank God!). At the end of last week, she also put her pacifier in her mouth when Reid gave it to her. Now, it took several tries and a lot of patience on both of their parts, but she did it eventually and it was very cool to see. She's getting so big so fast! But this age is super fun. I feel like we see a little more of her personality come out every day and it simply is incredible. She's so alert, getting to be very interactive, and is just our sweet little peanut :-) She's also getting into her books a lot more and loves to just look around and take everything in. She was an angel at the baby shower on Saturday because when she was awake, she just wanted to look around at everyone and everything. You can almost see the wheels a turning up in her head ... she's going to be a sponge for years to come, and I can't get over how cool it is to watch her learn.

While she's still sleeping, I'm going to be a lump on the couch for a bit longer as I'm still not 100 percent. But getting there. And again, THANK YOU Piper for being so good to your parents just when they needed it!

No comments: