Tuesday, March 20, 2012

32 weeks!

I would be remiss to not account for the three whole days of winter fun we had this year. While it was cold at times, we didn't get any real snow until we had our one storm on March 1st, and I'm pretty sure we were all outside by 7:15 in the morning. Reid snow blowed the driveway while Piper checked out the white stuff that she had been asking for all winter long. We spent the morning playing with friends - building snow men, making a fort, getting pulled around in a sled, and in general, making up for the months of bare lawn that we had all winter. The next day was sledding with friends and then the weekend was upon us so Daddy was able to get in on the fun. By this time, it was back to almost 50 degrees out so it was sledding on a couple inches of snow in sweatshirts. As you can tell by the smiles though, it couldn't have been more fun!

So now here we are at 32 weeks! I tried to take a self-portrait yesterday, and while the lighting isn't great, you can see that the baby has definitely grown. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm definitely on bed rest for the next two weeks, but if I can get through these weeks without any additional signs of preterm labor, then they'll take me off bed rest at 34 weeks. So fingers and toes are crossed for a very uneventful two weeks so I can get back on my feet and back to work around here. Piper is doing great and has been such a trooper in terms of adjusting. Right now, since summer seems to have arrived 3 months early, she's at a playground with one of her favorite sitters and I'm sure she's having a blast. She's thrown a few mini tantrums about me not putting her to bed or up for quiet time, but other than that, she's been surrounded by people who she loves and who love her and is a happy camper. And with the incredibly generous help of our family and friends, our laundry is caught up, our house is clean, and we've been eating great, healthy meals. In the whole scheme of life, we are so lucky and blessed.


Next up - gender old wive's tales revisited ...

No comments: