Sunday, March 29, 2009

24 weeks!

Another weekend, another photo shoot. This one with a picture I'm not embarrassed to post. My husband says my belly looks much smaller in the picture than it does in person. If I wasn't pregnant, I may have taken offense to the comment, but since I am thoroughly in love with my belly and what's inside of it (and so is he!), currently wiggling around and kicking as I type, I'll take it :-)

We're many steps closer to taking a baby moon! After several weeks of both of us working like crazy and feeling like we're involved in a rat race to nowhere, we're both looking forward to seven days of nothing and finally booked our flights. Long walks on the beach, fantastic dinners, and sleeping in. Florida here we come! It's not for another 27 days - yes I'm counting - but I'm sure it'll be here soon and I can't wait. Now we just need hotels and to decide whether we're going to spend the whole time in the Palm Beach area (can't wait to see you Char!) or whether we're going to split our vaca between there and somewhere in the Keys. I go back and forth as to which is the better option, with my pregnancy-induced indecisiveness winning out every time. Whence, no hotel reservations yet, but soon enough.

Time for a mug of tea and then early to bed for me. I've been sick with a cold for almost a week and have yet to have a good night's sleep. It's very necessary at this point! Last night I thought I was good to go until I woke up at 5 starving. And I thought I could ignore the hunger and just fall back asleep, that was until the little one started kicking me. I took its activity as a hint to get up and eat some leftover Annie's mac and cheese. The guilt free eating is a plus ... I'd be lying if I said it wasn't.

More to come later this week! We have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, but I think it should be fairly uneventful. Even though I just said guilt free eating was fun, I do dread the weigh-in. It's always shocking to see a new heaviest-ever weight!

No comments: