Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tired in Cambridge

I'm writing this blog post from the Sheraton Commander Hotel in Cambridge, MA - it's a pretty nice room and the room service dinner I had was decent, but I never sleep very well when I'm traveling for work and this is not a great time to not get enough sleep. I can't look as tired as I feel when I'm with colleagues (I usually work from home, I don't think I've mentioned that to date) and I definitely found it a challenge today to be my usually perky self! My goal is to be in bed, lights off by 9. Tomorrow's going to be a long day, prepping for an important meeting with prospective clients and I need to be on my pre-pregnant A-game.

Bra shopping this weekend was successful! I bought three bras that I like and that are comfortable (two 34D's and one 32 DD). The DD was a bit of a shocker, but it's the prettiest one of the three and I definitely want to feel pretty these days, especially since it's easy to feel a bit like a hog with my gigantic breasts! I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to going up another size, which I'm hearing is likely. There aren't nearly as many pretty/sexy bras when you get up that big!

The little thing inside of me is as big as a blueberry this week and is sprouting hands and feet. My first doctor's appointment is a week from tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that they do an ultrasound so that we can see the spec that we've been imagining for the past few weeks! Thinking about all that has changed in the last few weeks leaves me speechless. We just hope that all continues to go well so that one day we can finally meet Blueberry!

So far, I've been lucky and haven't been plagued with any of the dreaded morning sickness. A few things have certainly changed though. I used to get out of bed in the morning, wanting nothing more than a cup of coffee. Starting this past weekend, I haven't wanted anything to do with it and haven't had a sip the last two days. Part of it could be the heatwave that we're experiencing, but even the thought of an iced coffee doesn't make me excited. Since I'm supposed to be limiting my caffeine intake, I'm actually happy that my body doesn't want what my husband calls the nectar of the gods. It's a relief, although I think my all day headaches for the last two days may be a direct result of this change of habit ...

No comments: