Monday, June 30, 2008

Our first graduation

No more embryo, hello fetus! Although this is somewhat of a scary thought, the most critical window of development is now over and our little guy/girl has graduated from an embryo to a fetus. Tissues and organs are going to start growing like crazy and apparently the little over an inch-long creature is beginning to have little finger nails and peach-fuzz is beginning to grow on the skin. One cute little fact I read on babycenter.com: apparently its little hands now meet right over its little heart. Cute!

We're taking creative liberties with the name this week. Babycenter says that its the size of a Kumquat, but we can't call it a Kumquat (try to make a nickname out of that!), and What to expect when you're expecting calls it a Prune. While I may like prunes every once in a while - and I'll never forget Kendra's and my road trip in the fall of 2002 when we decided to have a prune eating contest, during a road trip (IDIOTS) - I don't want to call our little baby a prune. My husband has suggested a Walnut, because that's about the same size. I liked it because we can call it Wally, so Walnut/Wally it is this week!

We had a great weekend and I'm said it's over - it was busy, but then there was plenty of time to lay out by the pool and relax. It felt SO nice to relax in the sun and swim. I fell asleep so quickly both Saturday and Sunday night after full days and lots of fresh air, and it felt great. Now it's a busy, but luckily short week! With Friday off and the Lake Placid I love Barbeque Festival this weekend, we definitely have fun things to look forward to in order to push through the way too many projects that need to get done this week.

If you can't tell, I got a great night's sleep last night and I'm full of energy this morning. Three or so more weeks and I should be back to feeling like this for a while. Woo hoo!

No comments: