Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our first cold

Today is day three of having my first pregnancy cold - apparently they're a common occurrence because pregnancy makes a woman's immune system go down. This seems bizarre to me because I would think that my body would want to keep me as healthy as possible right now, but anyway, the fact remains that I am sick as a dog, and since little Razzle (the nickname we have for the Raspberry-sized, eight week embryo inside of me) is still in the first trimester, there's basically nothing I can take to relieve any of my symptoms. I've been drinking what feels like gallons of fluids each day and hoping that I can kick this soon!

Tomorrow is our first prenatal doctor's appointment and I'm very excited! I think I'll have my first ultrasound and there's a possibility of being able to hear the heartbeat tomorrow. Full post to come following the appointment.

We're also meeting with a financial advisor about life insurance tomorrow - now that Razzle is in the picture, we want to be sure that we're prepared for anything and everything. I hate to think about needing life insurance, it's such a grim thought, but life is not just about me or my husband anymore.

Gotta get to work!

No comments: