Thursday, June 25, 2009

Already Thursday?!

Now that I'm back on my feet again and filling my days with things that I have been putting off for a while (or at least the 3.5 weeks I was off my feet and was forced to put them off), time is flying! I thought being a housewife and professional nester until the baby comes would mean that time would continue to crawl along at a snail's pace, but the opposite has been true. Somehow, I'm 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and while I've made good progress on my list, there's definitely still work to be done!

At 4am, there were 15 minutes when I thought I was going into labor, and instead of feeling nervous, I became super excited. I woke up with some pretty intense cramps and my stomach hard as a rock. Now, I did have to pee (surprise, surprise) and I know a full bladder can cause a contraction, but after using the bathroom, my cramps stayed. They went away, and came back again, 5 minutes after I had woken up; went away again, and back in another 5. Holy crap. Contractions five minutes apart? Now this must mean something serious.

Or so I thought. After the third one, they went away and didn't return again so I went back to sleep and slept in until almost 8. Damn.

Tonight we have our Tot Savers class so hopefully we'll be a little more knowledgable and ready for the little one, and those inevitable injuries, to come.

And since it's 86 degrees and humid, I do want to note several things that I am thankful for today:
  • Central Air
  • Real fruit popsicles - YUM
  • Having a pool, even though I've yet to get in it this year. I'm going to go check the chemicals now and see where we're at. The water temp was 80 when I looked this morning and I'm sure it's warmer than that now so it's time to take the cover off and enjoy it!

No comments: