Saturday, June 13, 2009

An unsatisfied control freak

Two and a half weeks into bed rest and I'm frustrated. I feel like I have lost control of my house, which pushes my sanity right to the limits. We've had lots of wonderful help in and out of the house, which has been great and we appreciate every single person that has cooked a meal, done a load of laundry, watered my flowers, etc, but admittedly I'm a bit of a control freak - I've blogged about this before - and the fact that I haven't been able to take care of our house myself has resulted in key items being misplaced. My husband asked me this morning where my car keys were - they aren't in my purse and therefore I have no idea. The HSA checkbook? Also MIA. The expense check from Make a Wish from the last wish I worked on that needs to be deposited? No idea.

I realize that may sound like a short list of things to not have a clue as to where they are, but to me the combination of the three, most likely combined with pregnancy hormones, has me feeling like I have no control of my house/life right now. I know my most important job at the moment is to keep this little one cooking, and thankfully it's stayed put so far, but I am definitely feeling the stress and anxiety that disorganization gives me. YUCK.

My husband just walked in with my car keys. He found them in his truck ...

No comments: